SPECIAL "TIME TEAM" EXHIBITION
1 May to 31 October 2009
A special "Time Team" (Channel 4's archaeological programme) exhibition is running in the Cathedral Cloisters from 1 May to 31 October 2009.
The exhibiton features artefacts, photographs and audio visual material from the programme shown in February 2009, following the dig in October 2008. To read about their dig here in October 2008
The Exhibition features:
• Photographs, site plans, text and audio visual material from the programme. It revisits the story of the dig with the benefit of the full archaeological report – including unbroadcast details.
• A major focus on Bishop Beauchamp, one of Salisbury’s most colourful Bishops, exploring his time at the cathedral as well as the archaeological and architectural story of the bell tower.
• An insight into how Time Team / Wessex Archaeology work, the tools they use and their methods.
• A small display of artifacts from the dig alongside original masonry from the long demolished Beauchamp Chapel.
• Parts of the broadcast screened on a continuous loop system.
• A print out of the full archaeological report.
• Free 8-page A5 leaflets giving greater depth and pointing towards further information sources for those who want to delve further.
PHIL HARDING of Time Team and Wessex Archaeology talks about the Time Team dig at Salisbury Cathedral
The exhibiton is open during normal opening hours and is free to visit.
Return to Events Archive Listings